Sunday, July 10, 2016

Transparently: Behind the scenes of a good life by Lisa Salazar



I just finished reading this book and I don't believe I've ever cried so much. 

I was looking for an easy read after conquering a very dry business book and so picked this off my shelf after buying it at the GCN Conference in Houston earlier in January this year. 

It was a gripping read and I finished it within a few hours. 

What a heartbreaking story it was. If you believe that transgender people deliberately choose their gender, I appeal to you to please read this book. 

Despite endless bouts of prayer, God never took away Salazar's dysphoria. A faithful believer, she was finally able to reconcile her faith and gender identity through two separate Bible passages that I'll leave you to discover for yourself. 

A most touching memoir, it made me fully aware of the pain my trans brothers and sisters have to go through and gave me an insight as to why 41% of them eventually choose to take their lives to rid themselves of the pain of living. 

I have no words to describe how truly moved I was by this authentic delivery by the author and would highly encourage every single person I know to get a copy of the book and read it.

It will certainly transform you life as it has did mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment