Thursday, January 7, 2016

For the end comes reaching by David Wong Hsien Ming


There are times when I don't like poetry. This usually occurs when I read poems that are so abstract I don't understand what's going on. I had a lot of these moments when reading this book. 

Now don't get me wrong. The poems are of a high quality, that much I can make out (that and the couple of must-read lists this title has been on). I just don't feel them that's all. They say reading poetry is a subjective experience and I just didn't like the poems here. 

The ones I did enjoy though, were those that were on the theme of death. 

I liked this one best:


The poems on death were simply stellar. 

Well, to each his own I suppose. And if you are the kind that likes abstract poetry, you can get this book over at Books Actually

Cheers!



Disclaimer: The publisher sent me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment