Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Scroll of Greatness by Don Bosco



Parents of reluctant readers might do well to get the Sherlock Hong Adventure series. 

This third book has the protagonist Sherlock Hong searching for the Scroll of Greatness which has gone missing. After some difficulty, he eventually recovers it with the help of a mysterious old lady. 

While reading, a section of the book really inspired me. It made me stop and think and I even snapped a photo and uploaded it onto Instagram. It's good advice for anyone in general and I'd like to share it here with you:

"Be patient and wait for your moment. No matter what your circumstances might be, never give up on your dreams. Pursue the truth with all you can and work diligently at your duties." 

On a different note, I think I preferred the first and second book to the third because there were more things going on. Also, I felt the character development of the various characters in the third book could be explored in a bit more detail. 

Nevertheless, I think kids (the target audience) would probably not let these things get in the way. I'm sure most would still find the book an enjoyable read. 

As always, you can buy the book at Popular Bookstore, Kinokuniya for local readers and Books Depository or Amazon for international readers. 

Enjoy!




Disclaimer: I was provided with a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment