Sunday, October 14, 2012

Walking with God by John Ortberg

I was browsing around Tecman looking for a Derek Prince book when I chanced upon this. I've heard about John Ortberg previously and this title was so compelling I had to get it. And it sure didn't disappoint.

This book is a year long journey of Ortberg's walk with God. I really learnt how to quieten down and listen to the voice of God, to hear what He wants to say through Ortberg's sharing of how he does it.

There are no chapters in this book but is instead separated into Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I found the book an easy read as the author takes on an open, honest conversational tone right from the start. He admitted to hearing from God and then ignoring His advice on the right day to go for a journey in winter time. And continues to relate to us how that was a disaster.

This is an excellent book for anyone wanting to walk even closer with God and wanting to hear His voice in the midst of this busy, connected world we live in. I certainly did, and I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment