Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Radical Disciple by John Stott

I think I first heard about John Stott on Twitter. Someone probably quoted from him. I was intrigued and googled him and ended up purchasing the most compelling title from bookdepository.com.

I chose this book because I wanted to be a radical disciple for Jesus Christ and wanted to see what he had to say about being one. I'd previously done a spot of research on the author and discovered that this was one of the last books he wrote and it's a distillation of his life's experiences. How precious that is.

The book has a total of 8 chapters, namely,

1. Non-conformity
2. Christlikeness
3. Maturity
4. Creation-care
5. Simplicity
6. Balance
7. Dependence
8. Death

I dived into the first chapter as I really want to be a non-conformist and it's was a pretty decent read. I continued reading a chapter each night and I really liked it.

Some of what's written I already know but most of it was a refreshing read.

I'd recommend this to anyone who'd like to be a radical disciple for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment