Monday, August 27, 2007

What Would Jesus Do - Charles M. Sheldon


A most interesting book. I bought it at the Great Attributes Sale, I think it was $9.90 and Pauline told me she had a copy after I showed it to her...

Haha anyways, I thought it was a book about principles, rules to follow and stuff. How sadly mistaken I was. Don't ever judge a book by its cover! Haha.

It was a narrative, a true tale set in the early 19th century on how a pastor's life was impacted by a tramp on the streets who collapsed in his church, a highly respectable institution and how his whole life and ministry was transformed.

A pretty long read by standards because of the style, its quite different from the snappy pace of books today. But now you know where the phrase came from. After reading I also felt impacted by the miracles that happened just because one person obeyed God.

Reminds me of Shamgar:)

Coming up next... Finally! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment