Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult



Working at a bookstore during the holidays now and apart from the trashy historical romance novels that corrupts my mind, I have this bestseller to keep me away from them.

It starts off rather well, but gets draggy in the middle, I can't wait for it to end. Keeps going around the same issue over and over again. Still somewhere in the middle on page 238. Notwithstanding the fact that I can't read it in one sitting, only when no customers are around and when boss isn't around.

Its about cloning, ethics, and more importantly, humans and their emotions. This books is a very real 1st persons narration of the events that take place in their lives and their very real responses. All the characters have their own reasons, needs to be fulfilled and you can really empathize with them as you go along. One character for every person. Julie for the single career woman, Jesse for every delinquent child who was once good, Brian, the parent in the middle, Sara the mom torn apart by her sick child and more.

Interesting book. And I hope to lay my hands on Nineteen Minutes by the same author since Attributes bookstore stocks it.

No comments:

Post a Comment